Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Crap

The wife was sick a few weeks ago...bad. Monkey's been coughing for a week now. I've been being anal about the hand washing, not getting in kids faces or touching slobbery horns, etc.....can't afford to get sick w/ the beginning of the race season here, you know.
It's been for nothing, apparently...
Started feeling less than great yesterday w/ the higher HR and took the day off. Figured that would help the body recovery from the heavy training last week.
Yesterday evening started feeling nauseous and had a bad headache this AM (unusual for me).
Went for a short ride today and felt worse as I went.
Got home and took a shower so we could take Monkey to see sheep getting sheared (see FarmhouseStyle for more) and it just kept feeling worse.
Finally took my temp tonight after laying on the couch all PM and it was 99.5 which is about 2 degrees above normal for me. Got a nasty, raspy cough and the body aches to go w/ it all to boot.
So I guess it's official....I've got The Crap!
Worse part is, that unless it passes VERY QUICKLY, I won't be able to do the 13 hr race we are booked to go camping for next weekend...... :(
UPDATE #1 - Woke up Mon AM after sleeping poorly and felt bad but temp was down to 97.9, which is still high, but better.
UPDATE #2 - Went to work all day...not fun...still feel like crap, but not my normal sinus/sore throat stuff...this is the all-over the body aches. Temp was 98.2 most of this PM.
I'm drugged up and going to bed now...night-night everyone.
PS- heard Sherry has the crap too...sorrrrry :(

No comments: