Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rest...


Up until today I've ridden 7 of the last 8 days w/ 3 in a row at 5 hrs! Whew, I'm tired...

Woke up this AM to an elevated HR and the sound of rain...perfect reason to sleep in...it felt good.

After some home-made biscuits w/ bacon and fresh eggs, Monkey and I loaded up and drove over to Addictive Cycles to swap out some extra parts from the Vassago build-up and to pick up some spare brake pads for next weeks 13 hr race in Augusta. I hope the weather holds up well since it is going to not only be a race for me but a mini vacation for the 3 of us at the beginning of Spring Break.

We'll be taking the pop-up on it's family maiden voyage...I used it by myself at the 6 hr race a few weeks ago, but this will be our first venture out together in it. I'm really hoping Monkey will enjoy the actual camping part...not just the "idea" of it. Hopefully this will be the first of many family trips/adventures together in it!

No comments: