Monday, March 24, 2008

you gotta be kidding me

I should have known it was going to be an interesting day when I saw this 45 min into my ride today.......

So, let me tell you about my Monday...


I'm doing a 5 day block of training with the intent being 5 days of 5 hours each day....been going good so far.
Today was supposed to be two loops of Winding Stair in the Blue Ridge Wildlife Management Area above Dahlonega. Mostly fire roads w/ lots of climbing at about 5 hours long. Started the ride w/ temps in the mid-30's hoping for low 50's by the end of the ride......HA!!


This picture is of a guy I came upon about half way around on my first loop. He was sitting trying to stay dry/warm as the snow was blowing sideways!!! Argh....it snowed/sleeted on me for the next 30 minutes to the point that the front of me & my bike were covered in snow. Kept going and it slowly started to die off.



After the first 2.5 hours I looped back to where I had stashed a couple of water bottles in the woods...loaded up on more fluids and dropped off my empties. Took off for more pain (and suffering) on the second lap.

Well, sure enough, when I got to the top of Cooper Gap (near the Ranger Camp) it was blowing snow still!

Ended up w/ just shy of 5 hours for the day...mission accomplished.

Two more pics from the day...one speaks for itself and the other....well, we are in north GA!














No comments: