Saturday, March 22, 2008

NEW!


Well, since this blog is new, I thought I'd make my first post about something new to me....
I've been slowly buying the parts for my new single-speed...took almost 4 months to get them all.
On Thursday, Cody from Addictive Cycles (my team sponsor) called and told me that the frame I've been waiting 3 months for had just arrived....a JabberWocky by Vassago in Snuffleupagus Orange w/ a non-matching rigid black fork. It's a 29'er (big wheels) steel frame.....yeah baby!!

I bolted that afternoon from school (Forbes can verify this) over to the shop and took possession immediately. I felt like a little kid :)
When I got home, Monkey & I went to the barn and got it pieced together. I went back over to the shop on Friday and finished getting it together............ and then promptly took it to Chicoppee for its maiden voyage.
I'll report back later after I've been able to tweak the fit a little bit, but I was impressed w/ its lack of big-bike-syndrome (that's a good thing)!
Later....VC

No comments: