Sunday, April 13, 2008

some people have a problem


The folks promoting the Bakers Dozen race sure were nice......but I think they have a drinking problem.
BEFORE the race they give everyone one of these shot glasses....
AFTER the race was over they gave me the pint glass...

Short story goes like this...
I lead the entire race until the last 3 minutes when they 2nd place guy behind me asks to lead going up the climb we're approaching...I let him and as we go through the start/finish they call it due to HEAVY RAIN.
Bottom line he wins the event even though I led the whole race up until the last few minutes.
Lesson learned (again) ...never, ever, ever let anyone around you for any reason...it's called a RACE for a reason.
Good news... my fitness seems to have recovered pretty well following "the crap".
Bad news... RAB seems to have aquired "the crap" now :(





Here's me at the beginning of the event following the LeMans style start.
I know this is the beginning because I don't look like a big brown mud-hole on legs yet....
I did a few hours later!

No comments: